Essay Contest – Win a Trip to Azerbaijan!
WHAT DO I KNOW ABOUT AZERBAIJAN?
*Deadline: 15 July 2017*
The Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in the State of Qatar with the support of the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan announces an essay contest on the subject “What do I know about Azerbaijan?”.
WINNER SELECTION AND REWARD
Five selected winners will be rewarded with a trip to Azerbaijan within the period of August-September 2017. The visit will focus on cultural and historical places and monuments of Azerbaijan. All expenses related to the trip will be covered by Azerbaijani side.
The contest is open to the young people of 18-29 age group.
Preference is given to Qatari citizens and permanent residents; however international students are also welcomed.
Essays must not be longer than 2,500 words and must be submitted in English or Arabic.
All submissions must be in 12-point, Arial regular font and in both MS Word and PDF.
Essays must be submitted via email to the Embassy of Azerbaijan in Qatar at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and accompanied by the following documents:
• Copy of passport or other identification document
• Application form
RECOMMENDED GENERAL TOPICS FOR THE ESSAY CONTEST
- Heydar Aliyev: National Leader of Azerbaijan
- Realities of Nagorno-Karabakh problem
- History, art and culture of Azerbaijan
- People, language and traditions of Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijan in international politics
- Azerbaijan and Qatar: historical ties and perspectives
- Economic development of Azerbaijan
- Oil and gas strategy of Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijan in old sources
Within the context of the above-mentioned general topics participants can choose any specific topic according to their interest and educational background.
For further information please contact the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan: email@example.com, 44932450