Science or education visa is issued to foreigners and stateless persons entering the Republic of Azerbaijan to carry out scientific activity, attend relevant conferences, seminars and other scientific events, to enroll in education institutions or receive training.
- Completed standard visa application form. To fill out visa application form:
- Sample of application form approved by an appropriate authority of executive power (a sample is attached);
- Visa application form can be fill electronically eapplication.mfa.gov.az;
- Original passport.
- The passport must be valid for no less than three months after the date of your planned departure from Azerbaijan.
- Holders of travel documents must submit valid permanent resident card;
- Non-Qatari citizens should present Qatar residency permit.
- Two passport sized photos of the applicant.
- Photos must be taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance.
- Color photos must be full face and white background.
- Visa fee (Payment method: bank transfer. No cash accepted).
- 20 USD for Qatari citizens. For other nationalities see here;
- Visa processing fee should be transferred to the following bank account of the Embassy;
QATAR NATIONAL BANK (QNB)
SWIFT Code: QNBAQAQAXXX
IBAN number: QA90 QNBA 000000000170015167053
Please note that visa fee is non-refundable and confirmation of the payment should be submitted to the Embassy.
- Official letter.
- From respective government authorities or state-registered education institutions.
- Document certifying that person has sufficient funds to pay for his/her expenses related to his/her education and residence in the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Copy of flight itinerary (optional)
- Applicant must submit:
- copy of flight ticket;
- copy of car registration document and driver’s license, if he/she planning to travel by car.
- Proof of accommodation (optional)
- Hotel reservation, rental agreement of house / apartment, etc.
- Only complete applications can be accepted. The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents/information not indicated on the list above.
- Processing time is up to 10 days. The day of submission/delivery of documents by mail is not included in processing time. Visa processing starts only after all required documents are available for the Embassy.
- Office hours of the Consular Section are all working days from 10:00 to 12:00.
- Foreigners and stateless persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan for a period of more than 10 days must get registered upon place of stay. To do so, foreigners and stateless persons or administration of the place or owner of the residential area (“receiving party”) must submit the application and copy of visiting person’s passport (other border crossing document) to the State Migration Service via official webpage (http://en.e.migration.gov.az/), e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person within ten days after arrival of a foreigner or a stateless person in the country.