The Consular Section of the Embassy issues single and multiple entry visas.
Foreigners and stateless persons can obtain ordinary visa within the objectives as mentioned below:
- business purpose
- scientific purpose
- education purpose
- cultural purpose
- sport purpose
- humanitarian purpose
- private visit
The following documents should be submitted to the Consular Section for obtaining visa:
1. Original and photocopy of a valid national passport or other travel document
• validity date must be at least three (3) months beyond the duration of the visa applied for
• has to contain at least two (2) blank pages
2. Completed Visa Application Form - click here
All fields of the application form must be filled out carefully, not missing any information
3. Invitation letter from Azerbaijan. It should be submitted directly to the Consular Section of the
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan
4. Certificate of employer/educational organization (signed and stamped) indicating personal
information, applicant's position, purpose of the trip and coverage of expenses
5. Photocopy of a valid QATAR resident visa (for non - QATAR nationals)
6. Two biometric 3.5cm x 4.5cm colored photos on white background taken within last six (6) months
7. Flight itinerary from the airline or travel agency
8. Hotel voucher (signed and stamped)
9. Receipt of the visa fee payment
Procedure time 10 days.
List of visa fees - click here
ATTENTION! If it is rejected to grant a visa, the state fee paid beforehand will not be refund!
NOTE: Save your time - fill the application form online in below mentioned link for e-visa:
E-VISA - online aplication form.
Diplomatic and service visa is granted only for holders of diplomatic/service passports visiting Azerbaijan with official purpose.
NOTICE: QATAR nationals holding diplomatic or special passports are exempted from Azerbaijani visa according to the bilateral agreement.
List of visa-waiver countries - click here
Electronic Tourist Visa:
Starting from March 15, 2013 new procedure of tourist e-visa system has been implementing in Azerbaijan to provide the execution of the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated November 20, 2012 ”On the facilitation of visa procedures for foreigners and stateless persons, travelling to the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
With an aim to attract more tourists from all over the world, this new system is designed to transfer all visa applications to the electronic context. Hereby, visitors need to provide all necessary documents to one of the national travel companies mentioned below or their partners abroad. After the relevant documents are prepared the national travel companies apply to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for e-visa. When confirmed by MFA, e-visa is forwarded to visitors in electronic format. Henceforth, visitors just need to print out the e-visa and are free to visit the country via any modes of entry (by air, on land, by sea etc.)
To obtain e-visa visitors only need to contact Azerbaijani travel companies or their partners abroad. E-visas are single-entry and are valid for a maximum duration of 30 days. The price for e-visa is 20 US dollars.
Currently, main travel companies operating in the country are authorized to apply for E-VISAS to foreign tourists.
List of travel companies - click here
The validity of transit visa is 5 days.
Single or double transit visas are granted to foreigners and stateless persons traveling to third countries via the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Valid entry visa to a country of the main destination and the flight itinerary should be submitted to the Consular Section of the Embassy.
- How to apply to obtain a visa Regulations for granting visa
According to requirements of our current legislations, foreigners and stateless persons can arrive to and exit from the Azerbaijan on the basis of their valid personal passports and the official permission – visa, except the nationals of the states defined a mutual agreement on visa-free motion.
Foreigners and stateless persons have to apply to the diplomatic representations and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan in the existence country with application-form clearly indicating the purpose and duration of their travel.
Here you can find the list of countries applying visa-free regime.
Foreigners and stateless persons can apply for and obtain a visa at the appropriate visa divisions of the Ministry of the Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan operated in the international airports only in the cases defined by Decree of the President of Republic Of Azerbaijan (dated 13 September 2010, No: 326.) “On certain issues dealing with the granting visas to the foreigners and stateless persons traveling to the Republic of Azerbaijan”:
- visa divisions of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs operated in Heydar Aliyev International Airport;
- visa divisions of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs operated in Ganja International Airport;
- visa division of the Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan in the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic operated in Nakhchivan International Airport.The Ministry of the Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the diplomatic representations and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan examines the foreigners’ and stateless persons’ applications no later 1 month after their applications accepted.
In case of his/her urgent medical treatment or death of his/her closest relatives living in Azerbaijan foreigners and stateless persons can obtain a visa by presenting documents approving these facts. In this case their application is examined no later than 48 hours.